Friday, January 21, 2011

Holy Guacamole! Pastel Painting

I took on the challenge of painting "Delicious" today.  I went across to Anita's Restaurant and asked the cashier for some guacamole to paint.  She looked at me in a questioning manner.  And, "Do you have a red plate?"  I also wanted it on a lettuce leaf to make it easier to paint, but they didn't have any.  So I came back to the gallery with guacamole on chopped lettuce in a styrofoam box.  I had some red plastic plates so adapted for the painting.  I didn't have dramatic lighting, so I just painted as it was.

I had a hard time, trying to hurry so that I could eat the model.  I mentioned that with the grapes the other day, right?


Holy Guacamole!, Pastel on Pastelbord, 7 x 5 inches
The painting is unframed, fixed against glass so that you can pop it in a frame of your choice or show it on an easel. 


This painting burned in the Bastrop Fire in September, 2011, in our house along with 1600+ homes.

No comments: