Monday, January 17, 2011

Locomotive, Pastel Painting

This is the first train I have ever painted, well part of a train.  I have taken many photos with good intentions.  This is the engine of a narrow gauge train that runs from Antonito, Colorado, to Chama, New Mexico.  I took the photo this past summer.  I took several photos while the train was at the station.  The engineer saw me and asked if I would like my photo on the engine so he took one of me.  Great experience.  We rode a similar train years ago from Durango, Colorado to Silverton, Colorado.  So many memories.....

Locomotive, Pastel on Pastelbord, 7 x 5 inches
The painting is unframed, fixed against glass so that you can pop it in a frame of your choice or show it on an easel. This painting burned in the fire in Bastrop in 2011.

No comments: